STATE OF WISCONSIN
Town of Cross, Buffalo County
BOARD OF REVIEW
Saturday, May 5, 2018 8:00am-10:00am
Town of Cross: W614 Buehler Valley Road
1. Call Board of Review to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Select Chairperson
4. Confirmation of Board of Review and open meeting notices
5. Verify that a member has met the mandatory training requirements
6. Review of any new laws
7. Adoption of policy regarding the procedure of sworn telephone testimony and sworn written testimony
8. Adoption of policy regarding the procedure for waiver of Board of Review hearing requests
9. Filing and summary of Annual Assessment Report by Assessor’s office
10. Receipt of the Assessment roll by clerk from the Assessor
11. Receive the Assessment Roll and sworn statements from clerk
12. Review the Assessment Roll and perform Statutory Duties: examine the roll, correct description or calculation errors, add omitted property and eliminate double assessed property
13. Discussion/action – certify all corrections of error under state law (sec. 70.43, Wis. Stats.).
14. Discussion/action – verify with the assessor that open book changes are included in the assessment roll.
15. Allow taxpayers to examine assessment data.
16. During the first 2-hours, consideration of: Waivers of the required 48-hour notice of intent to file objection when there is good cause, requests for waiver of the BOR hearing allowing property owner an appeal directly to circuit court, requests to testify by telephone or submit sworn written statement, subpoena requests and act on any other legally allowed/required Board of Review matters.
17. Review Notices of Intent to File Objection
18. Proceed to hear objections
19. Consider/act on scheduling additional Board of Review dates
20. Adjourn (to future date if necessary)
/s/ Carrie Venner-Adams Carrie Venner-Adams, Clerk
*Public input at discretion of chair Any person wishing to attend, who, because of a disability, requires special accommodation, should contact the town Chair 608 687 8175 at least twenty four (24) hours before the scheduled meeting time so appropriate arrangements can be made.